05 March 2012

Wonky Windows Boy Quilt

I did absolutely no sewing last week.  None!  Zero.  Zip.  Zilch.  However, the weekend before I managed to turn this stack into this finished Wonky Windows baby boy quilt.  



 It was a custom order for a soon-to-be baby boy.  I love that I get to share what I do with people I don't even know.  I generally only use fabrics from the same line because it is a guarantee that they will all look good together.  However, I had so much fun auditioning fabrics for this quilt!  I pulled out a bunch of blue, green, yellow, and orange fabrics and came up with the 14 that I included.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and will definitely be more adventurous in my fabric selection from now on.

The background is Kona Coal, the binding is Kona Medium Grey, and the squares are from various designers; Heather Bailey, Lizzy House, Joel Dewberry...

Thing 1 and Thing 2 recently took my camera for a swim in the bathroom sink and so I used my phone to take these pics.  They don't really do these fabrics justice.  I love this Pearl Bracelet by Lizzy House!!  And those Heather Bailey prints also.


On the back I mimicked the design from the front and used the same quilting as before.


I am VERY pleased with the way it turned out and hope it is loved for many years!!