05 December 2011

For Bella

Here is another hurry-and-get-it-done-before-baby-arrives project.  My oldest sister requested a quilt with brown and pink for her three year-old daughter, Bella.  Since I don't have much variety of pink fabrics in my stash I did a little browsing online.  

I found a few different options and showed Bella to see what she thought.  Without hesitation she chose these fabrics, Sweet Nothings by Riley Blake.  I'll be honest, I wasn't too thrilled about these fabrics and so I tried to persuade her to choose differently.  I found other fabrics, that I liked but this little girl knew exactly what she wanted because once again, she picked these without looking twice at the others.  

Fine!  :) 

I didn't get around to a photo shoot with decent lighting but I did remember to snap these right after I finished it.  A basic checkered look...


She lives on the West Coast so I put this fun yellow fabric on the back to brighten the cloudy days.  I think the dots add a sweet feminine touch to the bold yellow color.