22 April 2010

rain rain STAY ALL DAY!

My 5 year-old kept trying to get out of going to school this morning (I can only wait to see what the future holds) with "stomach pains" and "being too tired" and finally, "Its raining today!  I think they cancelled school mom" (while crossing his fingers).

I decided to go out and take some dilettante* pictures with my amateur point-and-shoot.

I love the rain!... and puddles.  Unfortunately I was not able to take any pictures of myself dancing through the puddles.  You'll just have to imagine...




I love this barn and the big wood pile leaning against it.  Also, these are plum trees...YUM!

Digging the wet/dry contrast...



Had to add some worm-age!  This thing was about one foot long.  Can you see the little trail it left through that spot of mud?





No, not much to look at but this is my favorite tree.

Can you guess why?  I call it my Love Tree...



HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!
*Yes, I did just look up a synonym for amateur on my handy-dandy mac dashboard and dilettante was the only word that appeared that was not in my microscopic vocabulary.