17 October 2011

beautiful wood and metal table

I really want to make one of these...


Unfortunately I don't have any real woodworking experience (other than the boot-remover-thing I made in the eighth grade) and by the look of this lovely creation there is lots and lots of cutting and glueing that would be involved.  Especially considering that I would want it to be like 40"x96".   That's not overyly hopeful is it?  :)  The grain look is actually individual pieces of wood glued together...BEAUTIFUL!!

However, my husband does have some experience and my Jake-in-law has a wood shop.  I think as long as I don't ask for his help (when I showed him this pic he specifically said, "don't ask for my help"--lol, your hilariously honest!) I might convince him to let us use the wood shop.

(I have been carrying this image around with me on my phone for a while and for the life of me can't remember where I found it.  I have been searching online for it but just can't find it.  I want to give credit where credit is due, but alas,  I just can't find you again beautiful table.  So sorry!)