08 November 2012

christmas stockings

 

Here is a set of Christmas stockings I just finished.  This was such a fun project.   It was a first for me and I am so pleased with how they turned out.


This was the first time I cut into my Katie Jump Rope set of FQ's.  I was hesitant.  Really hesitant.  But I'm glad I did it.  I only just used the ribbons in red, but it has given me the courage to use it more. 



pluses...


stripes...


log cabins...


short dresdens...


A look at the lining.   I really enjoy the splotched-paint look of this Center City Palm Springs Midtown fabric I purchased here.  The main neutral fabric I used for these stockings is Essex Natural Linen/Cotton from here.

 
My aunt let me photograph these using her beautiful mantle.  (thank you!!)  My uncle is an avid hunter so it is only fitting that it is decorated with antlers and feathers.  It is decorated for Fall but I think it fits Christmas rather well... look kids, uncle shot a reindeer!  :)