29 September 2012

Then he heard it again!

... Just a very faint yelp
As if some tiny person were calling for help.
"I'll help you," said Horton.  "But who are you?  Where?"
He looked and he looked.  But could see nothing there
But a small speck of dust blowing past through the air.

(only a weed gone to seed, but reminds me of the clover the inhabitants of Whoville journeyed on.)

So you know what I think? ... Why, I think there must
Be someone on top of that small speck of dust!
Some sort of creature of very small size,
Too small to be seen by an elephants eyes...

"...some poor little person who's shaking with fear
That he'll blow in the pool!  He has no way to steer!
I'll just have to save him.  Because, after all,
A person's a person, no matter how small."

                      Dr. Seuss